I thank toothaches for moments like this. Mommy and Daddy taking me to the Dentist, isn't that sweet?
It was Sunday when my wisdom tooth started to give me pains. I took pain relievers until the next day. Tuesday came and the pain worsens. Mommy decided to take me to the dentist referred by my friend Trizian. We were in the car on the way to the clinic when all of a sudden a felt a cloud of appreciation in my heart. Yes. Haha.
I was last on the list so we have to wait in a long line of toothache and braces people. I was sitting between mommy and daddy. I was nervous, afraid, scared, anxious and terrified all at the same time. I have always been afraid of Dentists, the odd metal and whatever instruments they stick inside people's mouths and the way they demand people to say 'aaaaaaaa' for 96 hours non-stop. Hahaha.I have never been comfortable being around medical people. Ironically, I feel threatened and scared. That is why I really appreciate mommy and daddy accompanying me to the clinic despite the fact that their daughter is an 18-year old grown up, living in Manila alone for 5 days a week. It may seem ridiculous, but to me, it's sweet. Right there, sitting next to them, on that horrible moment of my dental life, I felt thankful for having such sweet parents who never gets tired of being there for me. Once again, I felt like their little baby girl. And it's an indescribable feeling of being sandwiched by my parents love. And then all of a sudden, I felt thankful to a toothache that reminded me how blessed I am for having my parents around.
While we were waiting for my turn, Daddy keeps telling me how he had to undergo a surgery just to get rid of his wisdom tooth. You have no idea how my Daddy tells a story, he tells it very well, I can picture the scenes quite vividly! As what he usually does during medical matters like this, he's been scaring me, telling me that I would have to go through the same surgery because my Ate also did. I was all the more afraid. I gave him sweet punches and mild 'kurot'. HAHA.
I'm going to make the long story short, after the dentist saw what she has to see, and after seeing my dental X-ray,.. guess what? Dad was right. I would have to undergo the same surgery. There's something going on within my teeth. A certain tooth named 'Pinktooth' has been stuck under my gums all these years. My wisdom tooth has been preventing Pinktooth to grow and be a normal one. All these years he has been hiding under my gums just because wisdom tooth won't let him out, and that's quite unfair.. and painful in my part! Hence, the surgery.
I can't imagine that fateful day when that dentist opens my gums and do justice for my stuck tooth, that would be equally relieving and horrifying. I don't know how I'm gonna get through it. But one thing's for sure, as long as I got Dad on my side and Mom on the other, I've got nothing to be afraid of.
I am 18 and I'm brave. I can do this because mommy told me that I can. I will get through this because daddy taught me how to be strong.
It's just a tooth after all, A TOOTH!
SObra yung 96 hours! =))
ReplyDeletehahaha. sige, 94 nalang :)
ReplyDelete